Smart Cost Update
How to quickly update costs for your campaign
- With click loss and varying algorithms used by traffic sources to determine how and when you are charged there can be inaccurate costs reported to Kintura.
- Smart Cost Update solves this very easily by letting you type in what you have spent for a given time period.
- It is the easiest to use relative time ranges at your traffic source. Something like "Last 30 Days" or "Last 24 Hours"
How to use Smart Cost Update
- You must be viewing a Campaign report. Either in the Home report table or under Campaigns in Stats mode.
- Set the report range to something like what is expressed at your traffic source. A good option is a time range that covers the entire campaign.
- Usually, you've noticed cost discrepancies early on, so this is really easy.
- Something like "Past 24 Hours" or "Last 7 Days" but make sure it's long enough of a period to reflect all the traffic.
- Scroll to the Cost column. Suppose it says $425.21 but your traffic source says you've spent $402.90.
- Right click on the row in the report for that campaign and click "Smart Cost Update"
- Enter in the cost reported by your traffic source.
- Kintura will use this adjustment to adjust both past costs and costs in the future.
- If you find the cost drifting again, repeat the procedure to teach Kintura again.